Updates by date
Updates by date
Tuesday, February 16, 2021
Starting March 16, you will be required to log in to access the Bible Lessons. If you do not have a password set up, you will not be able to log in. We encourage you to try logging in to your account management page or resetting your password to continue accessing the Bible Lessons without interruption.
We are also offering assistance to those who would like to continue to access the Bible Lessons but are experiencing financial pressures. Please see our information page to learn more.
Thursday, December 3, 2020
- In the citation view, fixed a glitch where the navigation menu did not correctly highlight the selected section.
Monday, November 23, 2020
- Fixed a glitch that caused the long lesson title to overlap audio controls on some mobile devices.
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
- Added Print, Downloads, and Display buttons.
- Introduced two new views for printing and downloading (large font and one-section-per-page).
- Added Printer Options option to open browser’s print window.
- Introduced a Citation List view.
- Reduced number of clicks needed to download future lessons by having all accessible in the Downloads window.
- Added labels for “this week”, “last week”, and “next week” to Available Lessons in the menu. Selected lesson now stays highlighted in the menu, too.
- Enlarged the “play” button in the audio player.
Thursday, September 10, 2020
- Introduced a dark mode viewing option (Menu>Settings).
- Fixed the bug where the Responsive Reading was not displaying correctly with alternating bold verses in ePub and mobi files in Kindle apps and the Play Books app. Since Bible Lessons are prepared well in advance, this fix won't show up until the Nov 1, 2020 lesson.
Monday, August 17, 2020
- Fixed an issue so that users can now highlight lesson text while Research, Bibles, or In-Context tabs are open.
- Fixed a computer issue so that a screen flicker no longer occurs as users scroll through questions in the Help pages.
- Fixed a mobile issue with selecting Golden Text from the section navigator.
Thursday, July 16, 2020
- Fixed a mobile device issue so that when the screen orientation of the device changes, the web page no longer jumps back to the beginning of the lesson.
Monday, June 29, 2020
- Icon for adding quarterly.christianscience.com/lesson to smartphone home screens updated based on user feedback.
- Favicon for site updated to match new home screen icon.
Thursday, June 18, 2020
- Updated the landing page (quarterly.christianscience.com) to have a "Lesson" button on the top of the screen on both desktops and mobile devices.
- Fixed a Chrome issue that created large gaps in the Bible Lesson printout under Section headers.
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
- All Bible Lesson mp3 files updated to have the same Bible Lesson cover image. This was a response to several mp3 playing apps/devices not updating the cover image, so the image showed a date and subject for a lesson that was in the past.
Thursday, May 7, 2020
- Cookies banners left open will no longer print when using browser print options or Ctrl+P / Cmd+P.
- One sentence added to the top of the In-Context pane above the button to improve usability on mobile.
- Change made to fix audio player error code 224003 which would randomly stop the playing audio.
- Header bar on mobile adjusted so the whole “Message” field on the Contact Us form is visible without needing to scroll up.
Thursday, April 23, 2020
- Text of website darkened further to 100% black for improved readability.
Friday, April 10, 2020
- Text of ePub and mobi files darkened further to 100% black for improved readability.
Thursday, April 9, 2020
- Labels added to the menu icon and to desktop tabs to improve site navigation.
- Loop button added to audio to allow the lesson to play on repeat.
- Design of help pages updated to allow more questions to be visible at once.
- Bug fixed so that the lesson text doesn’t jump off screen when users open a Bible Lens pane. (This was a bug that previously impacted people on landscape tablets and small window desktop browsers).
Monday, April 6, 2020
- Text of ePub and mobi files darkened for increased contrast and readability.
- Bible Lens PDFs updated to include full expanded content (research and translations) included in the Digital Edition
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
- Bible Lesson text online darkened for increased contrast and readability.
- Default volume of audio player moved from 25% to 100%.